Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Day 33: T+33

Thursday's looking like the day. The day to be discharged and go home. I can't believe we've made it to the going home part. I remember those days and weeks before Eric got admitted being so scared. So scared of all the unknowns in this journey. Scared to think that those days could be my last with him at home. But we've made it over one of the hurdles. One of the many along the way. I can't help but feel so grateful for the success to this point. That Eric's body was able to endure this hard treatment. 

I feared that he would spend some time in the ICU. I mentally prepared myself for all the possibilities. I continue to stay realistic that scary days could be in the future. But that doesn't change how happy I am that he has made it this far without too much that we can't deal with. 

So home he will come! We want to continue to give our thanks for all the kind words and support of each one of you. You have brightened our days and helped us along this path. Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. We know that it's through your faith and our faith combined that we make it day to day, and sometimes hour to hour. 

Eric had a pretty good day today. He got out on five walks but was also able get some good nappers in. (And well as myself)



He even felt good enough to play a game on his phone for a few minutes:


No comments:

Post a Comment