Friday, February 21, 2014

Day 29: T+29

The results from the ultra sound and chest X-ray show that he has gallstones in his Gallbladder and an enlarged spleen. Neither are good things to hear, but they also aren't life threatening. The doctors don't quite know what the exact cause of the problem could be. There also looks like there is something happening with the lining of his lungs. We will wait for all the different doctors to talk together and decide. 

Eric is also working on introducing eating food back into the mix of things. For the last four weeks he has relied fully on his TPN for his nutrition. But the doctors think that the bone marrow transplant could help his gut and possibly make it so he could absorb more of what he eats. That would make it possible for
him to have less or no TPN in the future. He's had a cracker and strawberry jello. He's starting slow and easy, just as he should. 

Love this man of mine!

Jamie

5 comments:

1. You guys look great!!!! Love ya! Pam

ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eric and Jamie,

We have never met, but I think I know your sister in law (Carly-I coached her at Westminster and she was in law school in a class year after mine). My name is Taryn Evans. I also think you or someone in your family is in my stake (Parleys). Someone in my ward told me about you two and your blog.

First, you are BOTH amazing. I've read through your blog journey and it brought me to tears to read of your love, faith and courage. And Jamie, it is so hard to watch a loved one suffer and be a caretaker so I hope you have a great support system too. You are amazing and inspiring.

My husband (Steve) had a BMT almost 4 years ago to treat his leukemia (his 4th BMT bday is next month). We were just engaged at the time and got married & sealed on +128 BMT. I remember exactly those early post BMT days and the wait to engraft, get home, etc. I had my own chart to cross off days until we got to +100 and our wedding day. We are still fighting a chronic GVHD battle, but my husband is on a good track.

You both are in our thoughts and prayers. Also, if either of you ever want to talk to someone who has gone through a similar battle (as a patient or spouse), we would love to be any source of support or friendship to you. We have friends that are a few years ahead of us in this battle, and they have brought us comfort and great support. My email is taryn.evans13@gmail.com if you ever want to talk or ask questions. Being a caretaker is hard. And when you husband has more energy, Steve would love to be a friend, support or anything that would help. Eric sounds a lot like Steve-Steve has stayed 100% positive and himself through everything. A positive attitude is such an amazing strength and makes the BMT journey that much better.

I know these times are tiring, overwhelming, etc. so I am not trying to be pushy, but we would do anything to help (we've done low microbial, cleaning, and all of the post BMT stuff that you have ahead of you).

Praying for both of you. Praying that Eric gets to go home soon. And praying that his body does not get acute GVHD or handles GVHD well. You are both amazing and strong!

Much love (even though we've never met),

Taryn & Steve Evans

ReplyDelete
  3. Finally, I have found a way to communicate with two of my most favorite people!!! I've been calling and leaving messages at your folks, knowing that they are way too busy to respond. Eric, we are so happy that you are Post-BMT and other than two massive 'bumps in the road' you are your usual tough, vibrant and ever cheerful self. Please know of our constant payers for both of you and that every temple within the state keeps you both on their prayer roll list. It is the very least we can do. Let me know when your stomach can actually enjoy food and or treats, and they will be at your door. Jaime, you remain very quiet about your own health. Keeping good thoughts and begging for blessings to flow down upon you both.
    hugs and loves P,C et al (esp Cam

ReplyDelete