Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Day 19: T+19

Groggy. 

And foggy. 

That's a better description of his tired feeling for the past few days. It's like when he tries to wake up he can never get out of groggy land. 

One doctor from the pulmonology team came up and saw Eric this afternoon. They saw an elevated amount of co2 in Eric's blood, most likely caused by the lasixs (the diuretic) he's been on for a while to help with the edema (the build up of fluid and swelling of your body). To help fix this they are lowering the dose of lasixs and adding a medicine called diamox. Diamox will help reduce the co2 levels in his blood which will hopefully help him breath easier as well as not be so groggy and foggy. 

Eric is such a trooper! To watch someone you love go through something this intense is so so hard. I would never change this chance to help him get through this because you get to know them on a whole new level. Eric continues to impress and amaze me. Let's keep cheering him along!

Eric, all the hard things your experiencing will be worth it. I know it will! You're doing a great job doing your part. We will continue to pray and work and watch the miracles continue to happen like they have every day. 

You are a miracle and you are my miracle! I still love you a whole lot!

And his late night walk:

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment