Saturday, February 15, 2014

Day 23: T+23

They did a generator test early this morning and all air went off in the room, making the room like a sauna! (It thinks the room is 30 degrees so it's pumping out heat nonstop!) It is a holiday weekend and the company who can fix the problem is closed on weekends. So we have moved rooms. It's musical rooms around here! (Which is especially hard on Eric. Well and me. I really liked his new room!)

But just because we move rooms doesn't mean we stop the fun activities:

Sometimes the respiratory therapist can't do the chest percussion on Eric for many various reasons. That's when we come in! Vicki's still the best at it, though. :)

His neutrophils went up to 500, and platelets dropped. So he had another platlet infusion today. 

Other than that, not much has changed. He still is exhausted. His mean wife still gets him up out of bed to go walking, do his breathing treatments, take his medicine, and all the other non fun and non sleeping activities one must do. This is a long road we are on but a long road that's worth it! He's dealing with so many hard things and I am amazed at all he's doing!

Rewards come his way all day:

Backscratches are one of the things I can do that help take his mind off of some of the bad things. Who doesn't love a good backscratch? 

Eric wanted to let everyone know how much he appreciates and enjoys all the text messages, emails, calls, cards, and comments on the blog! When I read them to him everyday it really makes him feel good to know so many people are thinking and praying about him and for him.  As you know, Eric is feeling really exhausted, tired and his body suffers from too many annoyances to name. We ask that if you have questions on Eric's health status you refer to the blog or call Jamie, Vicki, or Kim. Eric doesn't have the strength to respond to text messages right now and needs to focus his energy on the things he needs to do everyday. Please keep texting him words of encouragement, funny videos, and other things that will help make his days so much better! Know that he gets each text and really appreciates them. Thank you for understanding. He loves each one of you so much for caring, loving and supporting him. A big thanks from me too for all you do, nothing you do goes unnoticed!

Jamie 

1 comment:

1. Pulling and praying for you Eric, Jamie, Kim, Vicki and alllllll your family! I am reading every day about all your progress. Keep it up! What a hard job you have but I am amazed at how brave you are! Xoxo to all... Jodi Wood

ReplyDelete