Monday, February 10, 2014

Day 18: T+18

Last night went much better than the two previous nights. Thank goodness! Eric even asked Vicki part way through the night if anyone had even come in. People had come in at least 10 times Vicki said. So either the nurse and aid were really good at being quiet or his sleeping medicine did an excellent job. Or both! I say both. 

And while I'm thinking about it, let me just say how amazing the staff is in the BMT unit here! I've been impressed with all the staff. 

It's another sleepy day here in Eric's room. He feels EVEN more tired than before, if that's even possible! Getting out of bed is super hard. His body needs a lot of rest to keep up with all it's going through. He's a good little sleeper! 

The day consists of sleep, get up and work really hard, sleep, get up work really hard, sleep, get up and work really REALLY hard! You get the idea. Eric is one tough man! He is so inspiring to me. If he can do hard things all day, then I can do hard things too!

During his sleep fest today he's receiving more platelets. This time they are HLA matched platelets because the doctors are hoping his body will hang on to more of them better than he has. The doctors are still trying to get his platlets up to 50. This morning they were 35 for the morning lab draw. 

Sleepy selfies:

Way to work hard through another day!

Jamie 

No comments:

Post a Comment