Thursday, February 13, 2014

Day 21: T+21

More good news this morning! Here's what his numbers look like:

Blood counts:
White blood count: 0.6 (up from 0.2)
Neutrophils: 200 (up from 100)
Platelets: 47 (down a little bit, but not as much as they have been dropping. That means his body may be producing platlets now)

His belerubin and co2 are back in normal range too. 

Engraftment is just around the corner! They call engraftment when the neutrophil count is 500 and stays there for a few days (but hopefully the neutrophil count will just continue to rise).

I also keep forgetting to mention that starting back on day 18 Eric's hair started to fall out. It has continued to fall out everyday. After talking to the nurse, it's common to lose your hair about day 18. We thought he had dodged that bullet. Good thing we have lots of good beanie options for his head to stay warm!

Eric said he feels a little better today. Although his numbers are going up, it will still take a good amount of time to help him feel back to what he called his hospital normal, or what he felt like a week ago. Although still challenging, a week ago was a lot easier than it has been the past 3-4 days. 

Best of all though, is that it looks like his bone marrow is on the mend and will help his body feel a little better everyday. Keep praying for Eric to have the strength to do the things he needs to do. Also pray for his lungs, and that he can begin to breath easier and not to feel short of breath. 

We love you, Eric! You are going through the very hardest experiences. Stay strong and know that we love you and your Heavenly Father loves you. We are all cheering you on!

Post shower sleep:

Jamie

3 comments:

1. Love to see some more good news rolling in!!

ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! Aunt Brenda just told me about your blog. Thank you so much for starting this up, Jamie! I've been worrying and wondering about Eric's progress for weeks, and this answers all my questions....with great pictures! I'm so happy to hear there is good news and progress. Keep it up, Eric. We are all cheering for you everyday in Seattle. One day at a time, my cousin.

With huge love and hugs,
    Erin

ReplyDelete