Friday, March 21, 2014

Day 57: T+57

ICU. 

Eric had an ok night and morning. Noon rolled around and he had a bloody stool, but only a small amount. 

12:30pm another bloody stool, but another small amount. 

The GI doctor came in shortly after the second bloody stool. We told him about the recent comeback of blood. He was concerned but thought maybe it would stop again by itself. 

1:00pm another bloody stool and A LOT this time! Bright red blood too. To the scary amount. 

I went and found the nurse. She looked at it and immediately went to find the GI doctor. We found him, he came in the room and the decision was made to take Eric to the ICU. 

There were tears. Major scariness. The one place we've been fearing of going. I called Kim and Vicki to come up and called and told my mom. The nurse explained it was for safety that we were going to the ICU. Eric could be watched closely and helped better in the ICU. We prayed, Kim gave Eric and priesthood blessing and off the ICU we went. 

And he got set all up in the room down stairs: 

After being set up in his room down in the ICU he was given four units of fresh frozen plasma to help his INR (the rate his blood clots).

10:00pm he was taken to get a red blood cell scan. They pull out some blood, tag his red blood cells and watch them via an MRI-type machine. They are hoping to be able to find the source of the bleeding this way. 

It was a hard day. We are concerned that the source of the blood can't be determined. But all the doctors are putting their heads together. Please pray they can find the source of the bleeding and then be able to help stop it in a timely fashion. Eric is doing all that he can and going through so much! But we know our Heavenly Father is a loving Father and will continue to watch over, protect and comfort Eric and us. We just have to continue to have faith in Him and His plan for us. His plan is always better than ours. I've seen it over and over again. He will watch over all of us. 

Thank you to everyone who follows and reads this blog and for the love and support you all have been to each one of us. I know each and every one of you are the Angels being sent to help us along this journey. May you all be blessed for all the good you are doing. We couldn't do it without having the great support group we have! We love you!!

Sad faces for today:

3 comments:

1. Eric and family, We are so sorry about ICU ... Glad you will be watched over closely, however. Know that you are being watched over by Heavenly Father as well. You are in our thoughts and prayers constantly. Love you all ... Your AZ family

ReplyDelete
  2. May you find moments of comfort in each day, we love you dearly.

ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you all, especially Eric and Jamie, Kim and Vicki, every day as we read. Hoping for a better report soon. Love and prayers for you all. l

ReplyDelete