Sunday, March 9, 2014

Day 45: T+45

It is IVIG day here at the hospital. It usually means a sleep all day kind of day. But today he took a nap and then was up for the rest of the day. 

Eric got out on two long walks with me. He is walking stronger and longer. Slowly but surely is how this progress will go. He's proving to be so patient in this process, because if there's one thing you need, it's patience. The nurses have said the phrase "two steps forward and one back." Nothing could be more true. You have a few good days and are plowing ahead, and then you'll have a hard day where you question if you're improving. One things for sure, Eric, you are definitely getting better!! You are making the little steps that will add up to the miles you have to walk to get healthy. 

It's all going to be worth it! All of it will be worth it!

For the first time since I've been here Eric watched a movie. We rigged up an amazing set up so he could relax, eat his orange jello and watch a movie.

You can call me Macgyver. 

Jamie

1 comment:

1. Way to go briggs! We can never understand what you're going through, but we're thinking of you, worrying for you. Sounds like things are going great. March madness is soon, make sure the bracket is perfect!

ReplyDelete