Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Day 55: T+55

Last night was a rough night again. More units of blood were given through the night to keep up with the loss of blood. He threw up less than the night before. 

During the day the stool turned from a brighter red to darker red and he didn't throw up at all. (Yeah!) Things started to improve as the day progressed. 

You can bet there was:

Mummy sleeping! 

We broke up the sleeping with a gift from a fabulous friend:

Although everyone else has already seen this movie, we haven't! We are excited to catch up with the rest of the world. And you can probably bet that I'll jump on the 'I love Frozen' bandwagon after I watch it. I already love the song 'Let it go.' (I really like the Alex Boye version). 

The GI doctor came in the afternoon and started Eric on a epinephrine and lidocaine swallow. The epinephrine is to help stop the bleeding in the esophagus. The lidocaine is the way to carry the ephinephrine. Eric is supposed to try and swallow it over 30 minutes as slow as he can and repeat every 2 hours. 

Eric is such a strong guy! I can't even begin to explain the number of things he's experiencing to make him uncomfortable. And yet, he doesn't complain but keeps pushing onward. Among the discomforts is the fluid weight gain from all the blood,platelets, and stool replacement fluid he's had to get to keep him in safe ranges. He has 8 kgs of water weight on him since he returned to the hospital (after his brief 36 hour break at home). Pray that the fluid can come off as quickly as possible and that his lungs can endure this extra burden. 

Keep up the hard fight, Eric! You can do this, and we are here to help you along the way. I love you!

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment