Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Day 40: T+40

First full day at home!

There is nothing quite like being home. Even if the bed is higher and the toilet is lower, both of which make you work harder and your muscles ache. 

There is also nothing quite like having your husband back at home. The house was so lonely and empty without him. It's nice to have him around!

The day was jam packed with relaxing and enjoying the long lost comforts of
home. There was pill crushing (by me!), pill taking (by him!) and relaxing our day away. Eric enjoyed TV shows he's missed out on (Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Parks and Rec!). Most of all, you know Eric wouldn't miss out on a nap or two (or three).

Overall it was a great day. Eric felt halfway decent, I was getting less overwhelmed by his mountain of medications, and it was so fun to sit next to him on the couch again.

But it wasn't all relaxing, he got on the treadmill and did some walking too. 

I made us some good ole shake n bake chicken, carrots and we had fresh wheat bread toasted from great harvest (thanks Vicki! It smelled like heaven all day when I walked by it). A simple but delicious dinner. We got ready for our 8am clinic visit (so early!), got TPN set up and all our medications taken and off to sleep we went. 

No comments:

Post a Comment