Friday, January 31, 2014

Day 8: T+8

Showers. Are.  Miserable. 

Everyday taking a shower is his least favorite activity because he is SoOo cold by the end. 

I have been brainstorming ideas to make it better and haven't come up with anything that makes it significantly better or makes it a more enjoyable situation. Trying to go as fast as possible was my solution, which isn't really great. 

I've been asking all the nurses and doctors for ideas too. Two days ago his pulminologist came to see Eric soon after the shower experience of the day. So I asked him, and he had some great ideas! He said as soon as your done and towel off to put on a beanie and a sweatshirt. 

Today was the trial run and Eric said it helped make it not such a miserable experience. So now the shower is only a semi miserable experience. 😃 

Thank you to Rachel and Wade for the fabulous beanie! We got it just in time!  And better yet, look how cute he looks after a shower:

And because one picture is never enough:

And then we:

Check. 

That. 

BOX!!!!

Everything is going as well as we can hope. Eric's working so hard and is dedicated to doing everything he can do to make this bone marrow transplant successful. And he's doing it admist the side effects, challenges and utter fatigue it brings. I can't say enough how proud I am of Eric! I hope each one of you know how much we appreciate your thoughts and prayers in our behalf. We have been overwhelmed with the love and support. We know that we are being granted help and miracles because of it. One thing we know is that God loves us!

Jamie 

2 comments:

1. Jamie, you're the biggest miracle of all. Thanks for making Eric smile even after the most miserable part of the day. Love you......Vicki

ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great to be able to keep up on Eric's progress. Thank you Jamie!

ReplyDelete