Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Day 4: T+4

One more day down! Pounding out the days one at a time waiting for Jordan's bone marrow to engraft. (We will know this is happening because Eric's blood counts start to rise when it begins to engraft). Waiting for engraftment is like waiting for Christmas as a kid. We are all so excited!!

Eric had a hard start to the day when during his first breathing treatment he got really sick to his stomach! (And if you've ever experienced being super nauseous, in my opinion it's one of the WORST feelings!) We called the nurse and then Vicki went to find her, to make things go as fast as possible. 

The nurse came in, gave Eric some medicine.  As soon as the medicine kicked in it was a lot better. 

Eric's keeping up all the hard, hard, HARD work that he needs to do. Let it be known that he's putting in the work for those bone marrow cells. He's doing his part, and now they're going to show us what they're made of! (And they are going to bring the awesome because anything that came from Jordan is awesome!)

On a random note, a perk of being sleepy and taking naps for Eric is the crazy dreams he has. Even if he's sleeping for a short amount of time.  Today in the two minutes he was asleep he dreamt he was in the Olympics as a sprinter. Hearing him recount the dream is pretty funny!

Lastly, they have a board in the hall with different saying and quotes. After I saw this one I now always tell Eric, "it's worth it!" It speaks the truth. 

Whatever our goal, the struggles along the way are always worth it. 

Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment