Friday, April 11, 2014

Day 70-77: T 70-77

Today makes a week with Eric back at home! It's been a busy week, but it's been good to have him home with me.  Nothing makes me happier than to have him next to me again.  I'm a lucky girl.

Eric was discharged on Thursday, April 3rd.  It came as a HUGE surprise to all of us.  We thought he was at least a week out of going home.  We captured the departure on video, check it out here:

The day you leave the hospital is always an overwhelming one for everyone involved, but especially the patient.  We got Eric home and got him a good nap right when we got home.  

Home has been healing for Eric.  He's slept better than he has for a while.  Uninterrupted naps are a regular occurrence everyday.

Even though Eric was discharged from the hospital, it doesn't mean that he gets to stay away for long.  We had to go in Friday and Saturday to check his platelet levels and make sure they were staying high enough (above 50). Good news is that they were! Since both days Eric's platelets were falling slowly we didn't have to go in on Sunday (Yeah!).  Monday was our first visit with the doctors since we left the hospital.  Eric's counts were still falling slowly (and his lungs were sounding good!) so he didn't have to come back into the clinic for labs until Thursday.

Eric is healing well at home.  He's looking better and stronger everyday. It's not without it's challenges, but so much better than being in the hospital.  Thank you to all your support and love.  We continue to feel it and appreciate all that each one of you do for us!

Jamie

5 comments:

1. All that is wonderful news. Keep healing, Eric. We love you guys.

ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing news and best video ever! Tear jerker! Rest well and heal well! Baby steps! Xoxo

ReplyDelete
  3. I am so so so happy to see this update today! Man! You've come a long way, Eric. I can't even imagine what you've been through so far. Thank you for inspiring me to appreciate the littlest things in life. I love the video, Jamie. I love seeing the joy in all of your faces. You guys deserve it!

I can't wait to read more good news each day! We hope you're feeling the plethora of 'deep-sleep-nap' vibes we're sending down from Seattle, Eric! Take another nap for us, okay?

xoxo,
    Cousin Erin

ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you are home for a full week now. What a relief that must be! Not that the hospital staff does not miss you, of course. Showers, your own bed - ah the good life! We all send you are best and keep you in our daily thoughts and prayers.

Ryan and Family

ReplyDelete
  5. The great escape! High-five!
    David

ReplyDelete