Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Day 69: T+69

We can and are going home tomorrow! This was the BIGGEST surprise EVER!! I had made a friendly bet with everyone when they thought Eric would be coming home. We had to had a second go around, because we thought there was no way he was coming home this week. But, after the nurse went to rounds (where the doctors, nurse, pharmacist, and everyone else involved in Eric's care meet together to talk about what's going on and what to do) she came back and told us we were being discharged tomorrow! I wish I had that moment filmed on video. We were SoOo amazed!! Granted Eric has to come back every single day to the clinic to make sure his labs are good- especially his platelets- but he gets all the comforts of home back. Better yet is I get my husband back!! Woohoo! I've never been so excited in my entire life. 

I asked Eric how excited he was on a scale of 1-10 (of most exciting things to ever in your life- well besides anything to do with me-proposing, getting married, you know...) and he said 7. My answer was an 8 or 9. I'm just so excited that he will be able to relax and heal better at home. Even with coming to the clinic everyday, it'll still be better. Uninterrupted nights. Uninterrupted naps. Not having to answer the same 10 questions over and over again. It's going to be great.

Our goal is to have at least 3 days at home this time instead of a day and a half. Pray that we can have a good amount of time at home. Eric really deserves it. Funny thing is that one of his doctors the other day asked how Eric was doing. Eric answered his usual 'doing ok' with his tired and exhausted voice. This doctor said to keep up the good work and that he was impressed with how Eric was doing and how he has handled all this. I commented an agreement to what he said. Then he said 'I would've died, no really I don't think I could make it.'

It was a nice moment for me. When a doctor is understanding it makes all the difference. How nice to have doctors who care. 

Eric also had his first session of physical therapy. The doctors were worried he was losing his upper body strength. He got some good ideas of simple things to help strengthen his muscles. 

Here's to busting out of this place tomorrow!!  

And extra good news is that Eric got his peripheral IV line out! Yahoo!! 


5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Love, prayers and support from AZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoorah for Eric and Jamie. I'm smiling for you!
    David

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best post ever! We are cheering over here. Eric is a fighter. Woo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on this wonderful milestone! We are soo happy for you! We send our love..

    ReplyDelete